Wednesday 17 October 2012

Following His - Lead?

Things have been going great since my last post.

Now that I understand just how deeply protective Rick feels toward me (something I obviously under estimated before!), I have been feeling so loved and cared for and we have been so close.  Of course it also helps that I haven't been in any more trouble since :)


What's that you say?


I should hope not Roz, it has after all only been a few days? sheesh, give a girl a break!  Oh alright, maybe you do have a point.


Anyway - back to my little story.  This afternoon we were out and about having lunch, a spot of shopping etc.  Just regular routine stuff.  We were walking up the street and came to a crossing.  Without thinking I made moves to cross the road and shot out ahead of Rick leaving him behind.  Suddenly, I felt his hand grab me and pull me back.


No, no, no shaking his head (there's that protectiveness again)


Sigh - Sorry babe.  I guess I shouldn't be racing off without you like that should I.  I should be following your lead


Get in behind he said with an impish grin - and then 


Hmm.  Maybe I should get a collar  - Grrr



We have a lot of conversations like these and I always wonder whether we are overheard and if so, what the person hearing us would think.







16 comments:

  1. The pushing and pulling and hand grabbing are constant around here when we are out. He swears that he doesn't know how I survived without getting hit by a car. Sheesh!

    It's kinda sweet though, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie,

      The protectiveness thing does seem to run deep with all HoH's. It is kina sweet though. Tell you the truth, I love that he is so protective, even though it can be a little frustrating at times - but don't tell him I said that!

      Delete
  2. I know exactly what you mean, Roz. It used to irritate me but now I just enjoy it as I sign that he would rather protect me than give me a push into traffic, and that is an improvement from before dd. :D
    I second Susie's comment - it is nice to be loved openly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lillie, you always make me laugh. would rather be pulled back than pushed into traffic too lol. I do actually love how protective he is and it is nice to be loved openly :)

      Delete
  3. Oh boy! Gotta distract him from that idea asap! Just promise to hold his hand next time:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tess, thank goodness he would never actually do that - well, in public anyway. (Just kidding).

      Think I will take your advice though, just to make sure :)

      Delete
  4. My way of thinking, on this same thing, has changed. My husband did it all the time, and I balked before. Now it makes me smile. God Bless You and Yours, Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Belle, it is rather sweet really isn't it, if a little frustrating at times. I do like that he feels so protective towards me. Blessings to you and your family.

      Delete
  5. Well, if anybody overheard and saw you crossing the road without thinking, I guess that person would think: yes, you should get her a leash.
    Aren't those little conversations great fun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bas, Hmm, well, Rick loved your comment.

      I guess I have to concede maybe you are right, anyone who overheard may just have thought a leash a good idea - sheesh!

      I do love those little conversations, even if they sometimes do make me wish I could get a swat in for a change! Lol

      Delete
  6. Your post made me smile. Keep following his lead:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SNP, Welcome and thanks for commenting.

      We do have some fun along with the serious side of ttwd. I love these little conversations we have.

      I will try to keep following his lead :)

      Delete
  7. Oh dear...first a collar and then the next step will be spanking you with the leash!

    Probably best to stick closer to him next time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ana, Rick saw you comment and said 'Hmm, I hadn't thought about that' - so thank you my friend for putting that idea in his head Lol.

      I will make sure I stick closer to him from now on! :)

      Delete
  8. This makes me smile, my husband always makes me ride my bike in front of him so he can make sure no one over takes me and surprises me into falling..... reverse but really the same intent.
    He is my back seat bike riding driver.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Minelle, welcome, and thank you for your comment.

    The protectiveness thing does seem to be a universal HoH trait, but I love it. I think it's kinda sweet - even if frustrating at times :)

    ReplyDelete