Thursday 16 August 2012

Doctor and HoH Unite

Ok, so this is a little ironic given my last post.  Payback perhaps even ... but today I have been home sick instead of at work.

I have had a cold over the last week.  Yep, that's all, a plain old fashioned cold.  No big deal, take some Codral "woman flu" and get over it already!  Except - I have ongoing respiratory problems.  Therefore EVERY time I get a cold, it ends up with a respiratory infection that leaves me with a constant, nasty and draining cough and short of breath and I end up on antibiotics and steroids.  It's not pretty.

Well, this time is no different so yesterday I went to the Doctor and was given the familiar prescription of antibiotics and steroids.  I didn't see my usual doctor.  In fact, I saw a rather nice young chap ... but I digress, sorry about that.  Anyway, near the end of the consultation he asked me about work and said you're not going to work now are you?  I replied that yes I was planning to.  He told me I need to be getting plenty of rest and taking it easy instead of going to work.

In the end he conceded to me going into work for the rest of the day BUT said that I really needed to take the rest of the week off and rest.  At the very least Friday and have a long weekend.  With that I left and stoically proceeded to work.

Needless to say, my husband was less impressed with my show of stoicism, and in particular that I had not strictly followed Doctors orders.  He then said that I was forbidden to go to work today and was to stay home and rest.  Hence, today I was home sick.  Guess I will have to see what happens tomorrow.

My husband told me this evening that he visited one of our favourite cafes today for a takeaway coffee and the owner commented that he was without his wife and asked after me.  My husband told her I was unwell and that he had left me in bed.  She asked him to pass on her best wishes to me.  He told me that made him feel extremely proud and warm at that moment.

I feel important to my husband and cared for.  He is my life, and my rock.





1 comment:

  1. Fantastiс ѕite you hаνе here but I ωas wantіng to know
    if you knew of аny uѕer dіѕcussion fоrumѕ thаt covеr
    the samе toρiсs discussed in this article?
    I'd really love to be a part of online community where I can get feedback from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Many thanks!

    My site same day loans

    ReplyDelete